Thursday, January 8, 2015

Week 1: My Feelings

I still remember me telling my students once, kind of : 'I will have a blog someday' , but I did it thinking about how useful it could be giving them the chance to write in English in a modern environment different from a piece of paper. 
I never thought about me, writing and sharing how I feel since I have started the course of Building Teaching skills through the Interactive web .
So far, I have to confess that creating this blog has been much easier than I thought. However, I cannot deny that trying to work on each task given for this first week has taken me longer than what I had planned to be in front of the computer which is something I usually have under my control.
As a teacher I use the computer to prepare power points and use the internet basically to copy some illustrations and some grammar exercises.
At the language centre , I work in, we have a lab. I do not take my students there very often , but when I do so , I usually prepare a sheet of paper with some instructions to follow . My aim  is to develop their language skills and I lead them to different websites where they can do Listening, reading, grammar I use the famous You Tube for trailers too. But I am not an expert at all and I really hope to learn through this course online the web skills I need to implement them in my classes despite our limitations.
I have the impression that during these few days I have felt really nervous thinking twice before clicking here and there , but I am sure I will get used to it.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Belinda: great post and great picture to accompany your feelings. I know at the beginning of the course there are so many new things coming at you, and you are still just trying to figure out how the online learning works. I can promise you after a few weeks the routine of the course will make things easier for you. The ideas will be still new, but you will be faster at the tool we use regularly. Keep up the great work, there is a lot to learn. -Robert

    ReplyDelete